Choose to Cruise
A cruise experience offers the opportunity to experience the world as you choose. Whether you're looking to spend a week relaxing with family in the Caribbean, or swim among dolphins of the South Pacific, cruising offers a world of opportunity.
When compared to a land vacation, cruising offers a number of benefits:
• You can tailor your experience based on your budget, selecting specific accommodations, dining arrangements and even shore excursions. Most cruises already include dining, entertainment, and gratuities, offering options for even the most cost conscious traveler.
• Additional expenses may include drinks, casino play, spa treatments, shore excursions and shopping.
• For those looking to indulge a bit more, many cruises offer additional premium dining options, entertainment and even exclusive spaces, such as spas, pools and restaurants.
• A week onboard one cruise ship will offer you a chance to experience a number of enticing destinations, across the globe. In one week, many ships sailing through the Caribbean will bring guests to four exciting ports of call, whereas a land based resort only offers the same destination each day.
• A cruise experience offers you the ability to experience as much, or as little of the world as you prefer. Cruises also offer the most flexibility in pricing, allowing all travelers the opportunity to cruise with their preferred budget in mind.
Source: Cruise Lines International Association
Our AAA Travel Agents share their experiences and, “Why I choose to cruise”.
“I have been on six different cruises and each time I travel, I feel the stress melt away. We never get bored on a cruise. Even when things go wrong, such as when the weather won't let us go into the port, there are alternative things to do. We've even stayed on ship in some ports where we have visited before just to enjoy the amenities of the ship. We never get to do everything possible on board, because there are so many options.”
(Cindy Groner, AAA Bloomington - email@example.com – 812-336-1700)
“I love the cruise experience and all the variety that is has to offer. I’ve sailed on several ships and find each of them very unique. There are great options for everyone regardless of age, from kid’s programs to nightly entertainment for the adults. I love the concept that ships offer various activities such as rock-climbing walls, ice skating rinks, flow rider surfing simulators, spa services and adult only pool areas and loungers. Cruise vacations offer great excursions while in port as well, from shopping till you drop to adventure trips to sightseeing tours or just relaxing around the destination.” (LeAnn Decker, AAA Carmel – firstname.lastname@example.org – 317-846-7399)
“I really enjoy cruising and I highly recommend it. Some of my favorite features have been the adults only area, where often times chaise loungers were available that I could kick back in and relax. The food was excellent. One time there was a deck party with a barbeque. They served us St. Louis style ribs, which were wonderful. It’s been a few years ago, but I still remember how tasty they were! It was also fun shopping onboard for souvenirs, especially when they offered special sales and sometimes, different nightly discounts!”
(Laurie Lorton, AAA Braeburn Village – email@example.com – 317-899-4714)