AAA Hoosier Motor Club Privacy Notice
Last Modified May 12, 2016
Hoosier Motor Club (“AAA Hoosier,” “we,” “us”) cares about the privacy of your information. This Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) describes how AAA Hoosier collects, uses, discloses, retains, and protects information through the hoosier.aaa.com and hoosieraaa.com website (the “Site”). By using the Site, you consent to our collection, use, disclosure, retention, and protection of your personal information as described in this Privacy Notice.
Information We Collect
We collect, process, and retain personal information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you may use when you access the Site. The personal information we collect includes the following:
Information You Submit to Us. You may submit your name, address, zip code, phone number, email address, credit card or bank account numbers, and other identifiable information through the Site in various ways, such as, for example, by signing up to our mailing list, registering for an account, purchasing a membership or other services, or otherwise.
Information From Other Sources. We may supplement the personal information we collect through the Site from third parties and add it to your account information. For example, we may obtain information about you related to previous transactions, including, for example, by obtaining a credit report from a consumer reporting agency.
Use of Information Collected.
Direct Marketing. We may use information to generate and send marketing communications to you directly for services and products we offer. We also may send communications directly to you, such as, for example, the “Home & Away Magazine.” If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you may unsubscribe in the marketing email or communication sent to you by following the instructions in that communication.
Evaluating Your Membership. As part of the membership application process, we may collect personal information for the purpose of evaluating your application for membership. Any information collected, including your personal cell phone number and contact information, may also be stored, retained or used in other business processes and to contact you for informational and transactional purposes regarding your membership, including but not limited to, membership renewal, periodic membership validation, membership expiration, member account management, account registration and payment authorization and enrollment.
Communicating with You. To improve the services we provide to you, we may communicate with you from time to time by contacting you on your mobile phone number using direct dial, a prerecorded message or an automatic telephone dialing system or similar device. By providing your mobile telephone number to us, you expressly consent to receiving direct dial calls, autodialed calls and prerecorded message calls and text messages from us relating to our products and services at the number you provided, including but not limited to your mobile phone number, when signing up to receive our services.
Improving Your Experience. We track your visits to our Site through the use of analytics information and identify you upon subsequent visits to improve your experience while browsing the Site.
Aggregate Information. We may aggregate your information with that of other visitors to the Site to generate aggregated data sets for research and marketing purposes.
Information Sharing. We may disclose your information to our affiliates, as well as third party partners as follows below:
- Law Enforcement. Your information may be shared with law enforcement officials if it relates to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity;
- Necessary or for Safety Reasons. We may also disclose your information if required or permitted to do so by law, for fraud protection and credit risk reduction purposes, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights or property of AAA Hoosier or the users of the Site, to act under urgent circumstances to protect the safety of AAA Hoosier or its employees or a member of the public, or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process.
- Sale or Acquisition of Assets. If AAA Hoosier becomes involved in a transaction involving the sale of its assets, such as a merger or acquisition, or if AAA Hoosier is transferred to another company, AAA Hoosier may disclose and/or transfer your information as part of the transaction. If the surviving entity in that transaction is not AAA Hoosier, the surviving entity may use your information pursuant to their own privacy policies, and those policies may be different from this Privacy Notice.
- General Marketing. We may transfer information to third parties whose practices are not covered here if such third parties wish to market products or services to you.
- Third Party Affiliates and Providers. We may disclose your information to our affiliates and third party service providers in order to facilitate purchases of services through the site (including payment processing, bill collection, and the like), verify your identity, obtain information concerning your credit-worthiness, help detect and prevent potentially fraudulent and illegal acts.
Safeguarding member information
Unfortunately, no data transmitted over or accessible through the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while AAA Hoosier attempts to protect all information collected through the Site, AAA Hoosier cannot ensure or warrant that such information will be completely secure from misappropriation by hackers or from other nefarious or criminal activities, or in the event of a failure of computer hardware, software, or a telecommunications network. AAA Hoosier will notify you in the event we become aware of a security breach involving your personally identifiable information (as defined by the applicable state and federal laws) stored by or for us. By disclosing your email address to us for any reason, you expressly consent to receive electronic notice from us in the event of such a security breach.
We do not market to and do not knowingly collect any personal information from or about a child under the age of 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or legal guardian. If we discover that we have inadvertently collected information from a child under 13 years of age, we will promptly take all reasonable measures to delete that data from our systems.
Third Party Links
The Site may contain links to websites not affiliated with AAA Hoosier. Your use of an external website or any informational content found on an external websites is subject to and governed by the terms and guidelines of those website(s). AAA Hoosier does not endorse or make any representations or warranties concerning, and will not in any way be liable for, any informational content, products, services, software, or other materials available on an external website, even if one or more pages of the external website are framed within a page of this Site. AAA Hoosier is not responsible for the privacy practices of any external website.
This Privacy Notice was last modified at the date first printed above. We reserve the right to update this Privacy Notice from time to time, and you should check this page periodically for changes.
If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Notice, you may contact us using the information below.
AAA HOOSIER MOTOR CLUB
3750 Guion Road
Indianapolis, Indiana 46222